How does the Dallas Amputee Network get requests for Peer Visitation?
Would you like to request a visit from a Dallas Amputee Network Certified Peer Visitor
- New amputee or candidate for amputation asks for Dallas Amputee Network Peer Visitor
- Hospital staff asks for Dallas Amputee Network Peer Visitor with amputee approval
- Family or friends ask for Dallas Amputee Network Peer Visitor with amputee approval
- ACA National Peer Network asks for Dallas Amputee Network Peer Visitor on behalf of amputee
for yourself, a family member
Please contact through the DAN Hotline (972) 470-0505
What are the qualifications of Dallas Amputee Network Peer Visitors?
What are the procedures for Peer Visitation?
- ACA training or proven experience is recommended
- Other peer visitors who more closely match the amputee can accompany the trained peer visitor to the medical facility
- Ideally, all Dallas Amputee Network Peer Visitors will be trained and certified
What is reported about Peer Visits and to whom?
- Phone call to Dallas Amputee Network Hot Line or Dallas Amputee Network member
- Dallas Amputee Network representative calls Peer Visitors who match new amputee
- Dallas Amputee Network representative replies to requestor with Peer Visitor information
- Dallas Amputee Network Peer Visitor calls amputee or requestor (initial contact)
- Dallas Amputee Network Peer Visitor takes packet of information and visits the amputee
- Business cards are left with hospital staff
- Dallas Amputee Network Peer Visitor records the visit and notes if follow-up visit is requested
- Peer Visitor follows up with phone call or visit as necessary
- Amputee is invited to meeting and transportation arranged if needed
- Record all pertinent information:
- amputee's name (or initials) and gender
- level of amputation and date performed
- hospital or facility visited
- who requested visit
- date of visit
- what materials were given to amputee and staff
- if follow-up is requested
- Report visit to hospital contact, ACA and Dallas Amputee Network